[19.10] "Organize desktop by name" doesn't take advantage of portrait orientation

Hola!

Here is another strange behaviour that I have found when using such configuration under ~/.config/monitors.xml

<monitors version="1">
  <configuration>
      <clone>no</clone>
      <output name="DisplayPort-0">
      </output>
      <output name="DisplayPort-1">
      </output>
      <output name="HDMI-0">
          <vendor>DEL</vendor>
          <product>0xa0b2</product>
          <serial>0x3257484c</serial>
          <width>1920</width>
          <height>1080</height>
          <rate>60</rate>
          <x>0</x>
          <y>0</y>
          <rotation>left</rotation>
          <reflect_x>no</reflect_x>
          <reflect_y>no</reflect_y>
          <primary>yes</primary>
      </output>
      <output name="DVI-0">
          <vendor>DEL</vendor>
          <product>0xa0b2</product>
          <serial>0x3039464c</serial>
          <width>1920</width>
          <height>1080</height>
          <rate>60</rate>
          <x>1080</x>
          <y>0</y>
          <rotation>right</rotation>
          <reflect_x>no</reflect_x>
          <reflect_y>no</reflect_y>
          <primary>no</primary>
      </output>
  </configuration>
</monitors>

By right clicking and then selecting "Organize desktop by name" it will start a realignment of icons but instead of going all of the row going all of the way down with icons the list will be cut in the middle and started in another row.

Another way that I can express this is instead of having 1 continuous row of icons I instead have 2, 3 or 4 depending on how much junk lays on my desktop.

Also, in that bottom region of the screen/resolution where icon refuse to populate to (and should!) right clicking doesn't work.

If I align my right click with one of the very bottom icons from the row, right clicking works. If I click a couple of pixels beneath that: no menu unfolds.

Lastly, I use Variety which regularly changes my desktop background. Every time that the background picture does change it doesn't happen flawless in 1 shot. No. It always cuts the picture into 2 parts(up and down) and then applies the first portion of the new picture alongside the 2nd half of the old picture. Then, 1 or 2 seconds later the 2nd half of the new picture finally shows up to complete my new background image.

This "cut" seems to also match with where the row of icon abruptely ends and also where the right click stops functioning.

Am I alone in this world?

#PortraitModeLifeStyle

1 Like