[19.10] When a window is set to "always visible" sometimes focus is lost?

Heya,

Am just throwing that out there but would it be possible that when using: dual head monitors, both configured in portrait mode, and there is a window set to "Always on visible workspace" that sometimes there is an issue with the zoom?

By "issue" I mean that that no matter which window I seem to be selecting/clicking on on a desktop that contains 1. multiple opened windows and 2. a window set to "always show", I do NOT see it raised on top? It doesn't always do it, but when it does, it does so very brilliantly.

Now, I believe this issue has been going on for a few releases (At least since 14.xx I bet...) and I sadly I have no real method of reproducing this(and always blamed my system for it) except by sticking to facts as I first did at opening.

(Also not to mention that I believe I had this problem when using dual head monitor configured as default/"normal")

If, like me, your only solution ever was to minimize EVERYTHING then so the window would finally show up then we are most probably talking about the same issue.

My problem now is that I have no real other method of pointing at "this problem" than starting yet another vague thread about "it".

cheers

Since I wouldn't want to spread myself too thin I would like to add another anomality that I have been plagued with for some time.

When using Libre Office's calc on a dual head monitor setup configured in portrait mode, sometimes it happens that when calc is open full screen and I simply wish to drag and drop it onto my 2nd screen that the whole screen dissapears and shrinks back into a 2x mouse cursors up by 2x cursors wide.

Another way that I can explain this is the whenever I select the upper menu bar and start dragging it around that it will resize only to display the top hand-right side X button and only half of the FULL SCREEN button.

Once I am happy of the location on my screen of this tiny resized window, I re-maximize it and calc is "back to normal" in terms of screen display.

Am running this:

ii libreoffice-base-core 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 amd64 office productivity suite -- shared library
ii libreoffice-calc 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 amd64 office productivity suite -- spreadsheet
ii libreoffice-common 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 all office productivity suite -- arch-independent files
ii libreoffice-core 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 amd64 office productivity suite -- arch-dependent files
ii libreoffice-draw 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 amd64 office productivity suite -- drawing
ii libreoffice-gnome 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 amd64 office productivity suite -- GNOME integration
ii libreoffice-gtk3 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 amd64 office productivity suite -- GTK+ 3 integration
ii libreoffice-help-common 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 all office productivity suite -- common files for LibreOffice help
ii libreoffice-help-en-us 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 all office productivity suite -- English_american help
ii libreoffice-impress 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 amd64 office productivity suite -- presentation
ii libreoffice-math 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 amd64 office productivity suite -- equation editor
ii libreoffice-ogltrans 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 all transitional package for libreoffice-ogltrans
ii libreoffice-pdfimport 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 all transitional package for PDF Import component for LibreOffice
ii libreoffice-style-colibre 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 all office productivity suite -- colibre symbol style
ii libreoffice-style-elementary 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 all office productivity suite -- Elementary symbol style
ii libreoffice-style-tango 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 all office productivity suite -- Tango symbol style
ii libreoffice-writer 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 amd64 office productivity suite -- word processor

Linux T-2031 5.3.0-26-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 18 05:37:46 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I also believe that this issue has been present for some times.

Lastly, I am not sure if this problem always starts out of nowhere or if it's always present. So, if I open a MATE session using a freshly booted system I not certain if it will behave that way. Rather, I believe that this starts happening only when I have opened a couple of windows (and one that is set to ALWAYS VISIBLE) for LO to start having resizes issues.

However since I am not sure about this, my next step will be to retry immediately following my next reboot and see how LO behaves with a freshly booted up system.

Stay tuned