2+ monitor in "unique" position displays weirdly, but not this distro's fault

Merry Thursday all,

I always wanted to post some feedback concerning my weird monitor setup and I think now’s the best time to do so.

To put you in context, I am using dual head (2x screens), one 4:3 and another 16:10. Being who I am, I always flip my 16:10 monitor down to portrait mode (90 degrees to the right (or left)) and physically “sync” in both monitors so that they can be physically calibered (So there is not a huge physical gab in between them and when I move my mouse from one to another it changes desktop flawlessly and effortless (no need to hunt where that cursor is that).

With that being said, most of the times that I go into the screen settings and set my screens’ configurations per my physical configuration there is ALWAYS something weird happening.

May it either be that in Linux both monitor refuses to touch each others directly when my widescreen monitor is in a 90 degrees positions (There’s somewhat of a “big” gap in between both), but also sometimes, if both monitors are not physically on the same ground(My desk is multi-layered) and that’s applied in the screen configuration, half of my 4:3 dissapears when I apply new changes (I can literally only see half of the background picture at the top and the rest of what’s on the screen is in black).

This is very minor annoyance as you can guess yet, sadly, I believe that windoze’s support on multi-head is much better than Linux’ as of yet. Better yet, getting multi-head supported flawless would definately put some more emphasis on what’s the true superior platform! :smile:

Therefore, I would like to know what’s the best course of action for somebody qualified to take a look at this problem? I guess that I would need to fill in a bug report? I know for a fact that this isn’t MATE’s fault as I’ve had the same problem when running regular Ubuntu/Unity, which was ONE of the reason why I reinstalled using MATE but sadly it didn’t gotten fixed with that distro. I’ve also opened a bug back then on MATE’s side, closing it after I realized this seemed like a Linux-wide problematic.

Please let me know if this isn’t clear enough as I am very aware that I am most probably one of the only user on this planet sharing a 16:10 screen (that’s swiveled on the side) alongside a 4:3 that isn’t on the same physical ground as his other screen.

Thanks in advance,

DLS