[20.04] Am I the one breaking my screensaver/energy saver by constantly updating lib*-mesa*?

Ever since I jumped to 20.04 on this system, I had higher goal of cryptomining while always running the latest AMD vulkan driver.

Using my search engine skillsets I managed to fall on this article which seemed accurate and meaningfull @ https://linuxconfig.org/amd-radeon-ubuntu-20-04-driver-installation

So I went for method #2 which is the oibaf-ubuntu-graphics-drivers-focal PPA

Ever since adding that PPA, I get a daily bunch of the following packages to upgrade:

libegl-mesa0 libevolution libgbm1 libgl1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-dri libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386
  libglapi-mesa libglapi-mesa:i386 libglx-mesa0 libglx-mesa0:i386 libosmesa6 libosmesa6:i386 libxatracker2
  mesa-va-drivers mesa-va-drivers:i386 mesa-vdpau-drivers mesa-vdpau-drivers:i386 mesa-vulkan-drivers
  mesa-vulkan-drivers:i386 

Based on that, I have 2 questions/concerns:

1. I understand that a new daily driver gets deployed every day but for it to kick in, don't I need to at least shutdown my X session and reopen it so it uses the new driver or does Linux applies it automatically?

2. Ever since applying those daily batches of drivers it ALWAYS ends up breaking my screensaver in the sense that after 10 minutes of idle time, instead of showing the configured screensaver my screen falls into energy saving mode. (Maybe this problem is related to my #1 point?)

Can anybody educate me on this matter so I can become more knowledgeable about this, oh, great system that we're using?

Cheers!