OS: Ubuntu MATE 20.04.1 arm64
Target: Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (
CM4001008, also tried
Carrier: CM4IO Board
Here are the steps I followed:
ubuntu-mate-20.04.1-desktop-arm64+raspi.img.xzand verify checksum.
- Disable eMMC boot on CM4IO board with a jumper on J2.
J11 USB slaveto Xubuntu 18.04 host.
usbbootlatest master branch (commit:
9324fd7), and mount the eMMC on the host.
- Flash the image using
BalenaEtcher (AppImage) v1.5.108, also tried
Raspberry Pi Imager (snap) v1.6.1.
usercfg.txt. (Also tried
/boot/firmware/config.txtbut the USB was not enabled).
- Connect ethernet. (Also tried without ethernet).
- Boot CM4 and complete the MATE installation forms.
Configuring system locales...(takes about 5min)
- Pop-up appears with title:
Installer crashed (on Ubuntu).
- After submitting the report, a firefox window opens but it just hangs.
- If there was ethernet connection, the installation restarts
- If there was no ethernet connection, the login screen appears but the user I filled in the form was not created, so the system is unusable.
I need to run a non-standard resolution display over HDMI, and MATE was the only available OS for CM4 I found that supports it. Any workarounds or other OS recommendations are welcome!