Add trash to the menu

in the ‘Main Menu’ I click ‘+ New Item’ which opens ‘Create Launcher’ panel…

How do I create the launcher to open the wastebasket with the proper icon?

U have a totally different setup! I don’t have these menus!

@ouroumov

root@ubuntu:/home/benz# caja trash://

(caja:22880): EggSMClient-WARNING **: Failed to connect to the session manager: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported

(caja:22880): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Unable to open a connection to the session bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(caja:22880): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Unable to connect to the running instance, aborting.

Which version of Ubuntu Mate do you have? I use version 16.04. In that version, I go to “Main Menu” > “+ New Item”.

First, in the text box next to “Command:” I type: caja trash://

Next, the icon. The best icon to use will depend on your theme. I use Mate-Ambient. To choose an icon, click the springboard icon at the upper left. I tried /usr/share/icons/Humanity/places@2/16/trashcan_empty.svg and looked ok to me. If you don’t like it, you might want to try opening /usr/share/icons in caja and searching for “trash” to find the path to an icon you like.

Finally, I needed to set a name. In the box next to “Name:”, I typed “Trash”. Then I clicked “Ok”.

When you typed the command caja trash:// in the terminal, it may not have done anything for you because you were logged in as root. Try it as a regular user instead.

Hope this helps!

1 Like