After updates HDMI stopped working

Hello last week after long time i finally mange to make some time and do apt update and everything worked so i closed my laptop and went home. On Monday i connected monitor with HDMI and it wasn’t working I started debugging but didn’t really had time to do much. But today i got bit of time and finally did some debug. the monitor works my coworker tested it. In xrandr i can see HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) so system knows about it and i can also see this in aplay -l outputs

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC282 Analog [ALC282 Analog]

i also have VGA which works but i need the HDMI as i have 2 external monitors and one is not enough :sweat_smile:.
So my question is if there is anyone who might know about solution for this. I can provide more info i only need to know what info you need and possibly how to get it.

Thanks for your help.

Hello
Can you please provide hardware info (inxi -MCG), as well as the version of Ubuntu MATE you’re using?
Cheers

Hello sure i can but today for some reason it started working but that doesn’t mean its solved
here is the inxi -MCG

Machine:   Mobo: Acer model: Type2 - Board Product Name1 v: V1.11
            Bios: Insyde v: V1.11 date: 08/06/2015
 CPU:       Dual core Intel Core i5-5200U (-HT-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB
            clock speeds: max: 2700 MHz 1: 2202 MHz 2: 2236 MHz 3: 2226 MHz
            4: 2189 MHz
 Graphics:  Card: Intel Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics
            Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
            Resolution: [email protected], [email protected]
            GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 5500 (Broadwell GT2)
            GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.0.7

and i have Ubuntu Mate 16.04.3 LTS

This is likely an issue that affects the whole Ubuntu base and not just Ubuntu MATE, you should file a Bug report on launchpad against Linux (Ubuntu) using the ubuntu-bug linux command.
There’s a good chance the bug report will go nowhere though if you don’t have a clear path to reproduce.

1 Like