Algodoo 2.1.0 with Wine - Graphics drivers error?

I installed Algodoo v2.1.0 with Wine, and when I run it, this error message appears:

I have a few questions about this:
1.) What are "shaders"?
2.) Does this mean that my graphics card can't support shaders, or that the software doesn't?
3.) If the software is the problem, how do I update my drivers to get shader support?
My graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500, and my OS is version 15.10.

1) Shaders - term used for computer graphics for shading by applying levels of colour within an image, or to produce special effects or video post-processing, like a motion blur.

2) That could be the case, it depends on the system requirements of the game. It could alternately be Wine failing to detect the hardware’s capabilities.

The system requirements state:

Video card with 96MB of memory with OpenGL support and the latest drivers

But looking up your graphics card, it says:

Max. Amount of Memory 64 MB

So, there is a chance the hardware doesn’t support it. Have you used this software on Windows on the same machine before?

I found this where another user concluded the software is just broken on newer versions of Windows, so the software itself may be at fault.

3) Being an ATI card, AMD may have their own proprietary drivers. By default, Ubuntu MATE will use the open source drivers. You can check this under System → Preferences → Hardware → Additional Drivers. Being an old card, their drivers can be worst off then the open source ones, so please do backup beforehand.

To test OpenGL, you can type this into the terminal:

glxgears

Running glxgears seems to work fine. What does this do?

glxgears is just testing OpenGL. If it failed to load, then that would indicate a 3D driver issue or unsupported hardware.

Arch sums it up nicely.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Benchmarking

How about use:

env LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 wine YOUR_SOFTWARE_HERE

Complete command with Algoddo to run on terminal:

env LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 WINEPREFIX="/home/MY_USER/.wine" wine-stable C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/MY_USER/.wine/dosdevices/c:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start\ Menu/Programs/Algodoo/Algodoo.lnk

Change MY_USER per your username.