Application to burn iso files to jump drives

I am trying to get a program to use to burn .iso to a jump drive. Brasero will only let me burn to a disk and the file is larger than a disk can hold...

You didn't say which version of Ubuntu MATE you're using but this article should help you regardless. Please see -

Sorry. I am using Mate 19.10.
Actually, I did find a package that works very well and that is very user friendly. It is called balenaEtcher and I was able to install it easily using Terminal.

That said, when I used it, it gave me a warning that the iso I was burning "is not bootable" but that I could continue and it would burn to the jumpdrive, which it did. But when I inserted the jumpdrive into a Windows 10 computer, it kept saying the device must be formatted first.

I am trying to burn a Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010.iso to a jump drive so I can reinstall it on my brothers computer. He has the license but no disk. Also, the file is about 30mb's too large to burn to a DVD, so getting it to a jump drive is my only option.

Maybe what I need is something to convert the .iso to a .exe?

I haven't heard of USB flash drives also being known as "jump drive" - new to me! :slight_smile:

The "not bootable" message is only an issue for operating systems, so there shouldn't be a problem for software that came on a CD. The drive should be ready to use (likely appearing as read-only)

The alternate (as it concerns software and not an OS) is to extract the files from the ISO directly onto a FAT32 or NTFS formatted drive for the Windows computer using the pre-installed Engrampa Archive Manager.

Windows 10 now has the option to "Mount an image", so another alternate could be to copy the ISO to a cleanly formatted drive.

Without knowing the full context of the OP's request, I would recommend Balena Etcher for writing a single system from image to any USB-attached media. There also exist repositories hosted by Balena to install the software on open-source systems as well.

If you want a solution exclusive to the Linux platform, and something you can keep on hand without needing to add a repository then Linux Mint's repositories has a package called mintstick you can install, you can then execute with mintstick -m iso to similar effect.