Apt-get upgrade problem

Hi folks, new RPi3 owner and new Ubuntu MATE user here. Was lead to this distro because it sounds like exactly what I’ve been looking for.

However, on a fresh install I am doing an ‘apt-get update’ followed by ‘apt-get upgrade’ and it is failing near the end at this part

root@UbuntuMATE:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Calculating upgrade… The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
apt-clone archdetect-deb dmeventd dmraid dpkg-repack gir1.2-json-1.0
gir1.2-timezonemap-1.0 gir1.2-xkl-1.0 kpartx kpartx-boot
libdebian-installer4 libdevmapper-event1.02.1 libdmraid1.0.0.rc16
liblvm2cmd2.02 libparted-fs-resize0 libtimezonemap-data libtimezonemap1 lvm2
os-prober python3-icu python3-pam rdate watershed
Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove them.
Done
The following packages have been kept back:
linux-image-rpi2
The following packages will be upgraded:
xserver-xorg-input-wacom
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
244 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/75.3 kB of archives.
After this operation, 8,192 B disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database … 131148 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/xserver-xorg-input-wacom_1%3a0.25.0-0ubuntu1.1_armhf.deb …
Unpacking xserver-xorg-input-wacom (1:0.25.0-0ubuntu1.1) over (1:0.25.0-0ubuntu1) …
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/xserver-xorg-input-wacom_1%3a0.25.0-0ubuntu1.1_armhf.deb (–unpack):
unable to move aside `./lib/udev/rules.d/69-wacom.rules’ to install new version: Invalid cross-device link
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/xserver-xorg-input-wacom_1%3a0.25.0-0ubuntu1.1_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
root@UbuntuMATE:~#

How do I proceed? Thanks in advance all

Hi,

have you tried changing your software sources download location and updating again?, see the update guide for further repair options:

I had the same package problem since yesterday doing an apt-get upgrade.
For now i just apt-get remove-d the package as i figured i didn’t need for now the wacom input thing for X…

(Although i had installed 15.10 on a SD Card, this time i used BerryBoot to multiboot Raspbian AND Mate, but BerryBoot installed Mate 15.04 […figuring things out…] Yep that was 15.04 and i haven’t that welcome screen, i found out i could upgrade to 15.10 via the System/Control panel.)