[Artful] No network after installation

Hello,
I’d like to install Ubuntu 17.10 in a VM (with Virtualbox on Ubuntu GNOME 17.04) to check the current status of a bug but I can’t get Internet access.

I downloaded the 17.10 alpha 2 and installed it in a VM. After it’s done, I have no network connectivity, no network device seen by ifconfig (it’s seen in lspci) or Network Manager.

I tried the live session: the network works fine. After reinstallation from the session, same issue.

It happens either with the default VirtualBox config (NAT) and also when switching to bridge connection. I’ve tried to change the network interface simulated by VBox with no luck.

Any idea?

Hi,
I have the same problem and no more solution.

Can you try the current daily image rather than the Alpha 2 image please - http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-mate/daily-live/current/

Seems to work with the daily version, thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks for testing. We’ve had several reports the Alpha2 image has regressed and the current daily works.

Networking installs fine for me in the daily builds for Virtualbox 5.1.16 as well.

1 Like

BTW, the installation was for checking if the MATE Control Center still had issues displaying translated names for some apps. It still does, I’ve replied to the bug report on Launchpad. I don’t remember if there’s a thread about the issue here too.

Thanks Wimpy, it works better now with this image.

1 Like