ALC 1220-VB is giving problems again. As is, you will get audio from the line-out jack but only for one side (no sound from right speaker). Here's a fix that I made;
- Install alsa-tools-gui
$ sudo apt install alsa-tools-gui
- Open hdajackretask (admin)
$ sudo hdajackretask
Find Pink Mic Rear Side and click Override. see pic below
Also, over to the right side under Options, click Advanced Override. Change these
- Device category to Speaker
- Channel (in group) category to Front
- Channel group category to 3 (or 2 if you don't have subwoofer)
- Click Install Boot Override there should be a popup saying that you should reboot. Reboot and test the speakers.
Note: I tried to override the Line-In Jack but there was a lot popping. Mic jack is stable.