Black Metal Wallpaper with Ubuntu-Mate Logo

Here is a wallpaper that i made today. Its a dark metal background with Ubuntu Mate Logo and nice green accents. Enjoy! :grinning: "Licensed CC-BY-SA"

11 Likes

Simple, elegant. Well done. :D

Well done ! Thanks.
How did you made it ? Gimp ?

This is very nice. I enjoy simple Wallpapers.

Yes I created this in Gimp, my favorite image program. :grinning: Thank you for the wonderful comments!

Nice one, I like the dark colours!. :thumbsup:

Ok, for those of you who like a little color in your life here is one more, hope you like it...:grin: "Licensed CC-BY-SA"

4 Likes

This one is same as above but without the accent light in the corner of the logo. Couldnt decide which looked right so here is both...maybe someone could comment on which one looks better. :grin:

8 Likes

Very nice! I think the 3rd background looks the best. I really like simple, dark wallpapers like the one above.

Just Awesome. I have a preference for the one with the Accent Light. :D

Awesome! Glad you like these! maybe they will make it into one of the Ubuntu-Mate releases (hint hint)…:joy:

2 Likes

They should :slight_smile:
Thanks !
Do you have any tuto or data about how to make such things with Gimp? (It is more about learning further the Gimp)

Well most of my experience came from trial and error back in the early days of photoshop, ever sense gimp came out i played with it here and there, still learning new things as i go. Next week i will look into some articles for you that could help you along on your adventure in the world of gimp. BTW this is a good place to start: https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

I am glad you enjoyed the wallpapers thank you so much for the awesome comments! Thanks everyone!

Nice ! Thanks to you !! There is a very good help section in the gimp menu. This already a good start, but it is not that easy …

Sounds like a plan :slight_smile:

@lah7

1 Like

I would also like to see those added to the next release as I find them very sharp indeed!. :thumbsup:

2 Likes