BleachBit same as ccleaner

Hi @samuvuo

I have mozilla firefox set to ''firefox will : never remember history and for just in case i click on clear all current history daily.

I donā€™t know what the connection is, but nice to know.

As for a schedule job, you can make it a weekly cron job if you want. If I wanted it scheduled I would have it in the cron.monthly, but you can put it in cron.weekly if you want. Thereā€™s just not that much to clean.

And last, as stated above. Cleaning the cache (autoclean) is not very important to us with large hard drives.

1 Like

Thanks for the help @anon42388993

The only concern to make the cron.monthly work with a schedule is if the day it is set to make the clean i dont use my PC ā€¦i guess is better to do it manually ?

And to finish here,how can i change my log in password at the beginning of the session with Ubuntu ??? i mean the first thing we need to do to get into the system ?

Doing it manually works for me, but if you want:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man8/anacron.8.html

1 Like

Anacron is installed by default (ubuntu-mate-desktop pulls it in) and handles the daily, weekly and monthly cron jobs.

So to answer @Sexybaldguy 's question: the cron tasks (ie cron.monthly) will be run the next time you log in, if you donā€™t use the PC ā€œon the scheduled dayā€.

3 Likes

Thanks for your help @samuvuo :slight_smile:

Good to know about it,Windows Microsoft will stay just like a bad memory,Ubuntu Mate is the best iā€™ve ever known until now :blush:

Look at this app, its better than bleachbit in my opinion and works only on linux:

https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/stacer-in-software-boutique/11761

1 Like

You all will probably laugh, but I still use the Janitor function the comes with Ubuntu Tweak. I donā€™t know what I am doing wrong, but the few times I tried BleachBit (non administrative mode) my system failed to reboot. I have never had an issue with Janitor.

1 Like

I donā€™t see it in Boutique

1 Like

@jaybo

Its not on the boutique, but you can download from the link on the post, try it its pretty good.

1 Like

Hello @Pablo_Perez_Gutierre

First,sorry for the late reply,have had issues trying to log in ā€¦ until now i could :smile:

I didnā€™t see that one in the software boutique,it seems to be good :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your reply back and your help !!!