Bluetooth does not detect active devices around

jorge59 jorge59
February 17
My bluetooth does not detect active devices around. I can see it searching, but it doesn’t detect even my cellphone! blueman-applet 2.0.4 Please help!

Thanks Jorge

Hi @jorge59,

start here and if it doesn’t help, post again with more details about your problem:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothSetup

I am not sure if the following will help but install the packages via the terminal command anyway (Ctrl + Alt +t):

sudo apt-get install mtp-tools mtp-server bluetooth bluetooth-touch bluewho

Fist right click on the blueman applet in the tray and then click on Adapters to see if your device is there or not . If it is not there paste me the output of :

hcitool dev
hciconfig -a

If it is . From terminal hcitool scan and tell me if it finds them .

2 Likes

jorge@jorge-ThinkPad-Edge-E431:~$ hcitool scan
Scanning …
jorge@jorge-ThinkPad-Edge-E431:~$

And that’s it

Thanks

Did you try to find and pair the phone to the ThinkPad ? Make the laptop always visible in the adapts tab and try to find it and pair it with your phone .

Has anyone tried KDE Connect?, it works for my Android phone no problem!:

I’ve added a USB Bluetooth dongle to my PC yesterday and at first was unable to detect any device, even though everything seemed set up fine. Turns out it came from the USB port I was using (faulty?). So, just in case, if you have an external dongle, have you tried plugging it on another port?

I hadn’t tried it since recently installing 16.04 but just tried it on dell-xps13 and search found phone.

Suggest first thing to check is to read the specs for your system has any proprietary drivers, especially any new devices; sometimes support for new proprietary devices lags distros by a while.

Yes I did. It won’t find my Thinkpad. My cell does pair with a little bluetooth device I have (a Zukabox from Microlab)

I did install mtp tools but still doesn’t find any bluetooth around. The window does the search, but it won’t find a thing. And I’m trying to find my android cellphone and a small music bluetooth box (Zukabox fromMicrolabs). The thing is tha my cellphone does find and pairs the Zukabox