Bluetooth keyboard not working

Hi :slight_smile:
You mean the problem that the bt is going for power saving ?

I didn't make myself clear. The keyboard works, with some power saving problems, on a new installation. On computer installation complete with programs does not activate.
I don't know, for the second case, how to solve. Reinstalling everything takes too long without certainty that this is the real solution.
Do you have any useful tips?
Hi.

To be sure I understood :slight_smile: :
You got it working on a fresh install of UM on a other computer -keyboard works
On the computer you got originally the issue, the keyboard still don't work.
Did I got it ?
Are those 2 machines different hardware side ?
What version of linux kernel is working / not working ?

PS : I got many issues like device disconnecting without reason on a broadcom wifi / bluetooth combo and finished ordering a intel one from ebay. what bt devices do you have ?

Hi,
I had the same problem with a mouse. The problem got solved by deleting the mouse from everything (windows10 and ubuntu. Then installed it on ubuntu in the usual way via bluetooth install. It worked! Now DO NOT EVER use the keyboard on windows10, or you are back to square one. My guess is that windows xchanges the device code.
Good luck!

2 Likes

I have seen this too.

1 Like

I have seen the keyboard but it is not backlight (backlit).
Is there a linux-compatible model with this feature?
Thank you.

Can you try this ?

You can try to disable Radio power save editing this file :

/etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf

[connection]
wifi.powersave = 2

Recently I got a Thinkpad Bluetooth mouse that was not working at all without this configuration.

1 Like

I tried but it doesn't work. Now I have tried with Ubuntu Mate 20.04 LTS live and the keyboard BT works. I suspect some applications are conflicting with the keyboard BT. Find out what and how it is complicated. In any case, the bluetooth assistance crashes and I send the report, hoping that the developers fix it. It is objectively difficult to understand what is really wrong.

1 Like

I have done numerous tests installing recent versions of Ubuntu Mate and Ubuntu (gnome). In all cases when I installed the Mate version the keyboard, after updates, does not work. With Ubuntu (gnome) instead the keyboard works correctly both with the live versions, and with the versions installed and equipped with all the updates. I do not know what the problem is but now, I think certain, that the problem is with the Mate version. I hope you can sort it out somehow. If you can tell me any tests that I can carry out independently. I also tried the impish beta version of both versions with the same results, both with live, working keyboard, and installed and updated: Mate does not work with Ubuntu (gnome) works. Thank you.