Bluetooth mouse disconnecting in battery mode

Hello,

I got a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse M555b bluetooth mouse, and I have an Asus UX305U.

I noticed that on battery mode, my bluetooth mouse stops working after a variable delay (<1 mn generally) and can’t reconnect by itself. When plugged in, it disconnects after a while if I don’t use the mouse, but reconnects if I move it.

I guess that it’s some kind of Bluetooth power management powering off the link… How can I manage this?

I precise that I trusted the mouse in blueman.

Here is some information:
Software:
Ubuntu 16.10 kernel 4.8.0-16
Hardware:
Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev 59)

Just tell me if you need more information regarding this.

If it happens only on battery, then it’s because of the tlp which Ubuntu MATE has pre-installed. Until someone give you some answer how to configure tlp (I have no idea how to do that), you can do these:

1. Install powertop and run it in terminal by sudo powertop. Go to the Tunables category by pressing tab and try to change some values to Bad by pressing enter (Good means that power saving is enabled, Bad means it is disabled). You can plug and unplug the power cable and press r in order to refresh powertop and see what values change when you go to battery mode. After you find which value causes the problem, I think you need to change it manually every time you go to battery mode.

2. You can disable completely tlp until you find out how to configure it. Open with superuser rights the file /etc/default/tlp and the change the line:

TLP_ENABLE=0

2 Likes

About TLP

http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/docs/tlp-linux-advanced-power-management.html#commands

Thanks for your answers.

I try to deactivate tlp with sudo service tlp stop, and it reconnected the disconnected mouse on battery mode. So I need to figure out why :slight_smile:

I tried to play with the DEVICES_TO_DISABLE_ON_BAT_NOT_IN_USE parameter, without effect. Btw, I enabled the “Trace Mode” but I have no clue in the traces neither…

I’ll try powertop to see if I can do something, and keep you guys updated.

I think that I finally got it working with powertop.

I had the line:
Good Autosuspend for unknown USB device 1-8 (8087:0a2a)
I deactivated it as explained by @ThanosApostolou, and it’s working now.

FYI, some information on the 8087:0a2a USB device:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 8087:0a2a Intel Corp.
bDeviceClass 224 Wireless
bDeviceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
iProduct 0

Thanks a lot again.

1 Like

Nice. If I remember correctly every time you plug and unplug the power cable (or reboot the pc) you will have to run powertop again (please make a test to confirm this if you can). To make it permanent, try to add the line at /etc/default/tlp:

USB_BLACKLIST="8087:0a2a"

Reboot and see if that works.

1 Like

Confirmed.

It’s working :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

1 Like