Brightness Flashes Randomly

Hello, I have quite some time using Ubuntu Mate, Recently I got a Dell Inspiron 3493 with a Intel UHD 620 intagrated graphics and a Core i3 Intel Processor 1001-G1, I'm currently facing a problem, when I'm using my laptop for regular basis suddenly it looks like the brightness reset itself, seems like suddenly goes brighter to a 100% and then goes back to the normal percentage I usually use it a 15% of brightness similar when you take an screenshot, honestly I tried ignoring the issue and it is annoying. I already disable the PSR option from the kernel and remove the intel graphics for x11, also disable the automatic brightness option using dconf-editor and still, keeps happening every 25 to 30 minutes, I would like to request help and if you need me to attach something please ping me I'll be checking this thread.

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the Ubuntu MATE Community !

Does your problem occur on battery as well as while charging ?
Have you unticked «reduce brightness when idle» or something like that in the Power Manager in both tabs ?

What kernel version are you using ? Your laptop is quite new and support can be tricky with the latest hardware. Have you tried updating the kernel to a newer one than 5.8 ? Current is 5.10.11 and 5.11 should be coming soon as it's already in RC5.
You can effortlessly update to the latest kernel using the mainline utility, available in a PPA.
Should you want to install it:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cappelikan/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install mainline

Hi, thanks for the answer.

The problem occurs on battery and as well while is charging

I checked and is unticked for both tabs in the Power Manager tool

My kernel version is 5.4.0-65-generic, I'll follow thw steps above to update it and post what happends after a couple of days of usage.