Brother Printer Drivers etc

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadhowto.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hll2340dw_us_eu_as&os=128&dlid=dlf006893_000&flang=4&type3=625

The page above is the Brother Printer download page for Linux - Deb driver install tool, which I’ve downloaded but unsure how to open and run it. It’s a .GZ file? I was able to get to last command of manual install (didn’t start automatically) Command: bash linux-brprinter-installer-..- Brother machine name
e.g. bash linux-brprinter-installer-2.1.1-1 HL-2340DW

Click on the spyglass icon at the upper right of this page and type in “brother” without the quotes. You’ll get plenty of hits that will help with your difficulty. Good luck mawil1013

Question: If I started the procedure to install as presented on Brother install page, and everything went well up to last Command, to try again, would I need to start all over again from beginning of instructions or have some of the operations completed and trying to perform them again not work?

What seems to be your problem? Please provide more information.

Edit: Suggest that you follow this kind of description. (1) I did this. (2) I expected that. (3) what I got was this. (4) Where did I go wrong?

Issue resolved, went back and tried commands, took three attempts, the printer software installed, thank you very much for a response!

I’m glad you resolved this @mawil1013.