Caja - add locations to 'Move To' context menu

In Caja pane, right click on any item in directory listing. There is a 'Move To' item in that menu but the only locations on option are Desktop, Home, and "other pane" which is active only where another caja window is open.

I want to add other locations to that 'Move To'.

Hi BWallard,
Seems you're not alone with this desire. There's a workaround by Mdooley creating specific scripts in contextual menu.
Other option is locate this scripts in caja-actions, thing what I very use alternatively.

Lucky

Thanks but this is not working as I expect.

I have replied to the article you reference.

Thank you Tim, workaround worked great. Been looking off and on for the solution.

BWallard
Possibly you did not change the permissions on the scripts to allow executing file as a program. I had that problem initially.
Then right click shows Scripts and your scripts should show. Before I changed permissions the Scripts was not there.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

@BWallard, did you solve your problem with the aid and help from mendy?

Yes. I see the scripts item on the context menu and understand now what the scripts are doing.

I was hoping to be able to add destinations as bookmarks to the standard copy-to and move-to items of the context menu.

But this will be good enough. Thank you

You are entirely welcome.

1 Like

Hello BWallard

You or others may find this idea useful:

It will be too basic for some users, but may be useful for others. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice trick. Thanks I'll use it.

But I'm still holding out for bookmarks on the MoveTo/CopyTo menus.