Caja crashes when leaving the recycle bin

Yesterday I installed UM and I’m impressed. I’m coming from Linux Mint - what a difference. So much for the good news :wink:

All went well yesterday, even after some reboots and warm starts. When I started the PC this morning, in Caja I can view and restore the items in the recycle bin.
As soon as I click another folder outside the recycle bin, no matter if it’s in my /home or somewhere else, Caja crashes. Didn’t experience this all day yesterday.
The only way around this problem is to open the recycle bin in a seperate folder and all is well.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Have you ran an upgrade since installing?

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

Is there a crash report in /var/crash?

Open caja using the terminal (command is caja), then cause caja to crash and see what the terminal prints out.

Sure. An update/upgrade was offered during the install and afterwards I used these well known cmd’s, too. Some LibreOffice packages have been updated then.

Anyway, last night I found out that this is a known problem. This only happens in list-view mode.
For those who may be interested, here are two links: GitHub Issue Tracker and Debian Bug Log.

Unfortunately, the last entries in this trackers are almost one month old.

@Wimpy has been involved in this, too.

I’m crossing my fingers that this is the only (more or less) serious bug in UM so far :wink:

1 Like