Calendar application

I am looking for a GUI calender app. I tried Korganizer but did not care for it.

Is there one you use that you recommend?

Thanks.

Have you tried the mail/calendar/contacts app that comes with Ubuntu MATE? Evolution has a calendar as part of it's app.

I did not care for it. I don't need another email client as well.

What about GNOME Calendar?

I tried calender. Is that the same program?

Because it has no reminders that pop up.

It just shows a calender with the reminders listed on whatever day it is set too.

You would need to add your email/calendar account to it.

I do not understand what you mean?

Know this is not what you are looking for but this is what Thunderbird Calendar looks like. Note: Not using never used.
Only issue have to create a dummy account with a few configuration choices or add real account and turn off checking for new mail. Probably similar to the evolution one.
Edit: Only issue have to create a dummy account with a few configuration choices or add real account and turn off checking for new mail is incorrect, checked and found just have to after installing TB on first launch click cancel and next screen has option not to use email. TB 102

1 Like

Just like an email client would need an accounted added for you to send and receive emails, an calendar would need an account added to it for it sync up with your online version (for example Google Calendar).

1 Like

try Korganizer it's very good

1 Like

I am on Thunderbird too, just for it's simplicity.
Evolution is also loved in the community but it just doesn't has it's gui like thunderbird in my opinion.