Cambridge Silicon CSR 4.0 Bluetooth dongle adapter problem

Hi, I'm new around here, forgive me if I break any rules.

Well, I am a beginner in the linux world and decided to install UBUNTU MATE 20.4 to test. The only problem so far is with bluetooth; I have an adapter, as mentioned in the topic title, ubuntu recognizes but cannot pair any device.

can you help me?

Hi @Yan_Brasiliano_Silva, you didn't break any rule ! :slight_smile: This community is here to help about issues like this.

I have done some searching about this BT HW and i see many people having issues with.

Some people are advising to upgrade your kernel, this also solved many of my HW issues, so what to do than advising you the same ? :slight_smile:

You can do it easy with mainline (software that will do it for you). I have advised it in a other topic and gave some instructables :

Do not hesitate to ask for help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!
then, I updated the kernel to 5.7.1 using the suggested software; the notebook restarted and presented some errors. Right after starting, I tried to open the bluetooth and it doesn't open. How to proceed now? back to previous version? and as for bluetooh, would there be any solution?

Hi :slight_smile:
Show me this errors :slight_smile:
If you didn't removed the original kernel, you can uninstall the new installed (rollback)
but let's see before what is the problem with the new one :slight_smile:

Hello!
the error occurs just after the machine bot.
I checked GRUB, now there is a version of the installed Kernel - 5.7.1 and no other.

0282628 ACPI ERROR: AE NOT FOUND, WHILE RESOLVING A NAMED REFERENCE PACKAGE ELEMENT - SATA (20200326/dspkginit-438)
12294663 usb 1.1.2.1 device descriptor read/64 error -32.

You can ignore this error. Tell me is your OS booted ? How is the BT dongle ?

Hi,
after installing this suggested kernel, bluetooth does not open anymore and BT DONGLE is not recognized by the system (its symbol does not appear in the upper corner of the screen);
Can this error be corrected? I tried to use acpi = off and I couldn't.

Hi :slight_smile:

I found a interesting link that may help :slight_smile:

Do the lsusb give you this output :

Bus 003 Device 005: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HID mode)
HID stand for Human Interface Device (mouse, keyboard, ...)

The device should be a HCI and not HID.
The guy behind the link solved the issue, please give it a try.

If your brand new kernel is not able to detect the device, you can boot the previous kernel to give a try.

This link is the only one i found somebody solved the issue with this dongle.

Keep us updated :slight_smile:

1 Like