Can I scale up the display? Recommend an alternative distro? Dell XPS 13 problem

I am newly running 16.10 on a Dell XPS 13 (9350) laptop. Everything is tiny. With a bit of searching I found out that I can scale up the text size, but icons, window decorations etc. remain tiny. Is there a solution to this? Honestly, I suspect that I’ll need to try a different distro/desktop environment, so recommendations would be appreciated. I read that Unity Tweak contains a fix for this display issue, but Unity is not for me.

Edit: This article suggests that Gnome 3 is my answer to proper scaling D: I want to cry. I could scale resolution down, which sucks, but then everything is too big.

http://www.cio.com/article/3083925/hardware/dell-xps-13-skylake-2016-review-a-lot-for-a-linux-user-to-like.html

For now Unity or Gnome 3 are probably your best bets. But hang on, Martin recently commented that “HiDPI can be enabled manually but it is highly experimental and doesn’t work properly yet. An area of focus for 17.04”

Good to hear this. I am going to see if I can put up with either overly small or overly large features until the next release.