Can't configure WiFi on Dell laptop

I just installed 18.04 on a Dell D520 laptop and so far things seem to be running ok except that I can't get wifi configured. I navigated to Additional Drivers which found the Broadcom BCM4311 minicard not working.

I then checked Using Broadcom 802.11... and Apply Changes. The progress bar show it started then hung up. It never finished.

See Part 2 for the rest of the story

Sorry for splitting this up but I'm allowed only one image per post.

Earlier I had tried the "Broadcom wireless tip" thread:
sudo lshw -class network
lspci -vvnn | grep 14e4

which listed a Broadcom (BCM4311) controller

then
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer

At this point the installer asked for the CD, which I don't have because I installed from a USB stick. So I burned the iso to a dvd, loaded it but the installer wouldn't recognize it.
I'm at a dead end. Any ideas where I go from here?

Hook yourself up to the internet using an ethernet cable and then follow the instructions in the Broadcom wireless tip.

Edit: Let us know how it goes.

That’s exactly what I did and got the results shown in Part 2.

In Software & Updates, uncheck the installable from CD-ROM/DVD. If you are connected (and you seem to be) then

sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer and

sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-kernel-source then

rebooting should get you a working wireless. Of course you need to unhook the ethernet cable in order to see your wireless.

Please let us know what iwconfig reports. You may also need to visit the Askubuntu page listed in the Broadcom wireless tip. Good luck DMackLewis.

Unchecking installable from CD did the trick. Once I did that the Tip procedure ran to completion and after disconnecting the ethernet cable, I could see my network. All is now well and I can now start exploring. I’ve only had Ubuntu Mate installed for a week or so and am just learning my way around. Thanks for your help.