Can't find installed snap

Hey there people of Ubuntu Mate community!

Just installed installed Linux and UM for the first time, as you could guess I'm the greenest of greenhorns.
I installed Joplin via snap: $ sudo snap install joplin. The install seemed to have worked, however I can't find joplin neither through the Menu or in the snap folder. Typing $ which "joplin" returns that it should be in /snap/bin/joplin, but nowhere to be found.

Any ideas what might have happened?

Welcome to the Ubuntu MATE Community!
It turns out that when you install the snap named "joplin" you get the application for use in the terminal. If you want the graphical version, you need to install the snap "joplin-desktop".

Tip: One way to easily find what snaps are available and which you should install is to open the snap store in your browser at https://snapcraft.io/store and type the name in the search. You'll find that when you search for joplin, there are 3 snaps. Joplin Terminal application, joplin-arnatious, and Joplin Desktop.

2 Likes

Alright, makes sense! If I'd like to un-install the Joplin version I have, how'd I do that?
Thanks a lot for the help, the greatest experience yet with Linux is definitely getting all the community support :slight_smile:

Uninstall can be done with this command:
sudo snap remove joplin

2 Likes