Change lock screen background

Hi everybody,
this option is not present anywhere, so I’ve tried guides which I was able to google - I want my background, log in screen and lock screen to be the same. Neither of them works for me…

I was looking into file /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/mate-ubuntu.gschema.override … it says: [org.mate.background]
picture-filename=’/usr/share/backrounds/warty-final-ubuntu.png’

I’ve tried changing path to picture of my liking, or even tried renaming that picture and copying it to that path.
Of course “warty-final-ubuntu” is’nt anywhere to find, so I guess it’s driven by another config or symlink which I am not able to locate. Any ideas will be appreciated!

2 Likes

One solution might be to locate the actual offending picture’s location on your system. Then rename that picture to something else. Then paste your picture of choice into the same location and rename it to match the original name of the offending picture, That way your system will load the picture you actually want.

I know the above method works because i have previously used it myself. In fact I am using it now on Ubuntu studio 14.04 with mate 1.8 over the top. I initially changed the picture in LightDM. But, the original Ubuntu Studio image came up first when I booted. I found out where it was and changed it to the same one I used in LightDM. Problem solved.

2 Likes

Regardless of what config says (’/usr/share/backrounds/warty-final-ubuntu.png’ )?

The file on lock screen is probably “Ubuntu-Mate-Cold-no-logo” or “Ubuntu-Mate-Radioactive-no-logo”. I will copy over my renamed picture…will report back soon.

EDIT:
It was “Ubuntu-Mate-Cold” and it solved my problem. Thank you very much Steve!!!

1 Like

Glad I could help porosok