Chromium Bookmark Folder Icons

Got an update to Chromium tonight. I keep several folders of bookmarks in my bookmarks bar and noticed right away that instead of the classic and familiar yellow icon with depth, they have now changed to dark gray (almost black) and flat. Some googling revealed that this is not an Ubuntu Mate problem, it’s been done purposely based on some design spec. Any other Chromium users find them ugly as sin and hard to get used to? Sorry to vent here but this just looks terrible and it really tics me off!

I noticed they were different after a recent update too (using chrome here) but I like the way they look now more haha.

An update finally came out for Chromium…? :open_mouth: Hmm, never mind, I had switched to Google Chrome a few days ago for wanting more frequent updates – Ubuntu’s Chromium were 2 versions behind Chrome.

The same happened to Chrome, I immediately knew this was something new, but I personally don’t mind the flat look, I quite like Material Design. :smile:

Hi,

I just checked and it is the same for me on Ubuntu MATE and Windows 7. For sure it is by design.