Closing lid and closing of Ubuntu Mate

With the notebook using the external screen I set “closing the notebook cover” -> “do nothing”, instead Ubuntu Mate goes off.
Is it a bug?

Look at this -

The problems I’m having is not that depend on the fact that boot ubuntu mate from USB-HD? I suspect that this type of installation gives more problems. You can verify? Thank you.

I do not understand your comment Labbing.

Should one use the answer for 11.x and earlier or the systemd version for 16.04?

The systemd version would be the best bet.

1 Like

No, this is not a bug. Other settings must be changed in order for using an external monitor with the lid closed. Please see my first reply.

Will try to explain myself better.
Use Ubuntu mate on a PC, with installation on the hard drive and on the notebook via a USB-HD. On the PC changes to the automatic mounting of the pendrive and USB disks, after changing the values with dconf-editor work while on the notebook do not go in spite of the same change (I verified that it is correctly registered).
This is why I think the problem may derive from installation on an external disk. As far as this specific case is concerned, the variation now works correctly on the notebook. The key is “lid-” instead of “lid_” but it’s just a detail.
I hope it was clearer.

@Labbing. Much clearer - thanks Labbing. Your problem may have something to do with power being supplied to the external USB disk if the lid is closed. I’ll see what I can find out about that.

I do not think it depends on the power supply. After doing some tests now works, in practice I think it is dconf-editor or the panel of the management of the various parameters that has some problems (such as automatic mounting of the usb) when the installation of the operating system on hd-usb takes place (at least I think). They are bugs that unfortunately are very difficult to solve because the cause is uncertain. You can help me to preview images and files. The solution on the desktop has not been resolved nor even on the notebook.
Thanks for the attention.