Color profile management of monitors in MATE 18.04

There is a big hole in MATE! Can you guess? Color management is in Ubuntu, why not in Ubuntu MATE? It is a wonderful thing to see your display manage colors correctly. You don’t know what your missing until you can actually see the corrected color profile applied and your photos look great! So, what is the status of color management support and does this need some impetus? Getting this into 18.04 would be a real coup in my opinion and make MATE equal to the regular Ubuntu LTS in major features. I’ve hacked around it with I think it was Argyll. But, we need it builtin.
Dow Hurst

1 Like

You want to install dispcalgui. It’s wonderful :slight_smile: I’ll add that to the Software Boutique soon.

1 Like

Your post certainly caught my eye when you said it was wonderful. So I looked it up, and I’m impressed with what I read. Will be taking it for a test drive when time permits. Thank you @Wimpy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try it.

Best wishes,
Dow

dispcalgui is pretty! I have a ColorHug, so I tried it.

Calibration works great.

It won’t install the profiles for either of my two external monitors ("colord: Querying for profile ‘ixx-blahblah’ returned no result for 20 seconds’) but works fine installing the profile for my internal panel.

I never knew color management was so complicated.

DisplayCAL is now in the Boutique for 18.04 :slight_smile:

Thanks for that!
Dow

So is DisplayCAL again off the Boutique? (I cannot find it in 22.04)

Could it be that it's a resource hog?