Compiz screwing with top panel

This happened shortly after enabling compiz. The top panel got reordered while everything was locked to panel. My sys tray got swapped to the left of the menu and clock. I now have to unlock the entire panel to move it all back. But after log out and back in in moves back.

Any idea how to stop this?

Also just noticed with compiz on Plank doesnt intelligently reveal it’s self when hover it with a window open.

What.s that google drive icon I see?

Hi UB. I have had similar problems. Though, I should add, this problem occurs for me irrespective of Compiz. The only fix I have found to work is to position your right hand top panel icons manually with a little bit more space between them than normal. This seems to stop them dancing around at bootup.

I’m guessing here, but I think the problem may be to do with Mate initially booting with a defualt resolution and then, during login, changing to your preferred resolution that you have previously set up. It is during this resolution changeover that the icons get swapped around. By having the icons a bit more apart from each other, it allows them to remain in the same order for both resolutions.

Edit to add:

I have just taken another look at your desktop snapshot and can see how you have set up your panel and icons centrally with a shortened panel. That being the case, I wonder if you just made your panel a bit longer in order to space your icons out a bit more and also leave a bit of spare panel at each end of the icons, whether that might allow for an unproblematic resolution changeover I was mentioning?

That is grive . Google drive client for Linux . Like the drop box one but it is unofficial .

@stevecook172001 I’ll give that suggestion a try. Hopefully that is the problem. I really like having plank on the left and a smaller panel up top.

@xaitec @IvCHo Correct. That is the Grive indicator in the panel. Works flawlessly!

Well the suggestion didnt work.
But I did find a nice compromise I can work with. The stock ubuntuMATE desktop with plank on the left.

Is that Plank or Docky?

Plank
I’m using Plank-themer on it. You can find it at http://rhoconlinux.github.io/plank-themer/

I seem to be having some problems with Grive. It seems that the initial download is still going. It freezes at times also. Any one trying it on 15.04?

I’m on 15.04 and it installed for me in a couple of minutes.

It installs great. it just doesn’t sync. Since Saturday it has just synced two folders and stopped. I just got home and it said sync complete but I haven’t gotten any new files

That is beyond my knowledge level. If it were me I would uninstall and try installing it again.

What Icon-theme are you using ?

Numix. It’s nice but Idont really like the folder icon.

1 Like

Well I tried. Back to Insync for now. Prob if I ever reinstall I’ll try it first