Compiz window decorator

Hello,
Maybe it’s a stupid question, but i wonder which window decorator run with compiz.
I thouth it was matacity, but after install a theme folder (which contents a folder called “metacity-1”), it does change anything when i choose it in mate tweak.
Thanx

Hi @ClarusAD,

In 16.04, and I think most others, is /usr/bin/compiz-decorator. This is a script to search what decorators are available on the system. By process of elimination and process listing (ps -Af | grep decor) I see gtk-window-decorator is what I'm running.

If you install the old fancy compiz companion, emerald, I think this script will find and use it.

HTH

EDIT: It's even simpler than that. Compizconfig-settings-manager (CCSM):

I would always change it to emerald --replace or if nothing in Emerald tickles your fancy gtk-window-decorator --replace.

Why --replace at the end? If Compiz is being replaced with itself (effectively restarting it), the window decorator should also reload with it.

@Bill_MI i’ve already seen that setting in CCMS. But the final goal of my question is which theme can i use ? I’ve tried metacity one with (or without the metacity --replace option) but nothing works