Compose key sequence for a backwards R?

Is there a compose key sequence to produce a backwards cap "R"?
(Similar to the Cyrillic character "Ya".)

I've searched quite a bit and could not find any info.

Failing a compose key sequence, I have seen suggestions that I could produce such a character using the appropriate Unicode sequence (which is --- I think! --- 042F). However doing so requires that the digits (042) be entered from "the numeric keypad", and my keyboard does not have one. (Can this be worked around?)

Hi @rolf, I'm not seeing the numeric keypad needed and regular numbers are working fine here. And 042F seems to be the right code. Here's my procedure:

Ctrl+Shft+u (an underlined u should appear)
042f<Enter> (didn't need numpad)
Character appears

Я and this is my result here.

Does that work? Unfortunately, I've no experience outside of US keyboards.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into this, but no, sad to say that does not work.
When I do

Ctrl+Shft+u   I do not get an underlined u.  (I get nothing.)

I tried to find where I'd seen the comment on needing the numeric
keypad to enter unicode characters, but naturally the Gremlins have
made all such comments disappear.

However while scrounging around I found some other comments to the effect that

Ctrl+Shft+u  

was not working
See:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/557147/why-has-my-ctrlshiftu-key-for-unicode-input-stopped-working

One response indicated that the keyboard input method has to be "ibus" rather than "XIM". However my system (Mate 1.20.1, Ubuntu 18.04) seems to give only the options "XIM" and "none".

Is there any way to get around this problem?

Windows uses the numpad and they only need numbers as they are base 10 values while holding down 'Alt'.

In a VM, I tried restoring all the things I turn off (HUD, Pull-down-terminal, etc) and I couldn't kill the function. I know many of those things inserts some keyboard decoding. Perhaps there's a conflict with something like that or other keyboard shortcut?