"Couldn't get size: 0x800000000000000e" has happened after boot menu for installing Ubuntu18.04 server on Intel Compute Stick

Hi,
I have followed this guidance for installing Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS to Intel Compute Stick.
However, the installer shows "Couldn't get size: 0x800000000000000e" and many messages, failed to start installing.

The photo of the errors here.

How can I solve this issue and install Ubuntu Server?

don't care about "couldn't get size, I also have this errors after some updates.

Try installing something new ,14.04 really too old ... try 16.04 or even 18.04 if system is 32bit, otherwise go directly to 19.04...

Maybe you write the wrong image to flash drive, you mention 18.04 but in picture.... is 14.04

Hi, mircea.

I am sure I have written correct image which downloaded from here into the USB drive. I tried 19.04 right now. But "Couldn't get size: 0x800000000000000e" has shown again... How can I solve this issue?

Try launching your kernel with nomodeset option, following this instructions:

• During the boot process, press and hold SHIFT key. Now you can see the grub menu.
  • Press e key on first line to edit it.
  • Go to line with the quiet splash sentence. Something like: linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-54-generic root=UUID=xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx ro quiet splash .
  • Add the nomodeset option between ro and quiet splash . You must see someting like: linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-54-generic root=UUID=xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx ro nomedeset quiet splash .
  • Press Ctrl + X to boot the kernel.

Hi, LordBoltar
I have pressed e key on Install Ubuntu Server on the grub menu.
There is no quiet splash sentence. There is no same sentence on Install Ubuntu Server(Safe graphic), too..

man look on your picture

"This disc is called:
'Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty - Build amd64 Live binary 20150428-09:25'

This forum is for those who use or want to use Ubuntu-MATE. I suggest that you post your question to forums that deal with Ubuntu and/or Ubuntu Server.

See - https://ubuntuforums.org/

and - https://askubuntu.com/ a forum devoted to all forms of Ubuntu.

Good luck @Minagawa_Daisuke .

1 Like