Digital Rights Management (DRM) Content on Firefox

Hello everyone.
Running Ubuntu-Mate on a Raspberry Pi4. I follower Wimpy's guide and got it up and running through his script on github (desktopify).
Now, I have managed to enable hardware acceleration (OpenGL) on Firefox, I can see 720p videos on YT without any hiccups.
Unfortunately, I can't use Netflix. I get an error relative to DRM contents.
It is very strange, but the relative option on Firefox is not even there. The google plugin Widevine cannot be installed.
I have a similar problem with Chromium (which I thought should support DRM out of the box), however I would like to stick to Firefox, if possible.
Anyone can help me pls?

Hi, I've read that the Raspberry Pi 4 is not considered to be a trusted device and because of that Widevine isn't officially available, hopefully that will change in the future.

There is a hack that works with Chromium on Raspberry Pi OS, 32bit version only, as there isn't a 64bit ARM build of Widevine, hopefully that will change in the future as well, you can find all the info in the link below.

https://blog.vpetkov.net/2020/03/30/raspberry-pi-netflix-one-line-easy-install-along-with-hulu-amazon-prime-disney-plus-hbo-spotify-pandora-and-many-others/

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Useful information there.
I was hoping to find a fix for Ubuntu-Mate, though...since this is the OS that I have (finally!) installed on my Raspberry Pi 4. :frowning:

Damn it, finally got an OS that has hardware acceleration and now I can't enable widevine, why do these ■■■■■■■ idiotic companies make it so difficult for us because we choose not to run their ■■■■■■■■ proprietary operating systems !!!