Don't work nvidia driver

after last update resolution of the screen is 1024*. Was - 1900. Version - 364.15 and 361.42 tested.
Xorg driver is working.

What video card are you running?

Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5

The easy way is go to System>Preferences>Hardware>Display

If its not listed, have a look at the available sizes in terminal.

Code:
xrandr

You can use a GUI if you like.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution#Xrandr_Graphical_Front_End_GUI

permit was only one thing - 1024x768.
On this screen, no video card settings.

If you have nvidia driver packages as you note above, an alternative is to run the following terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t) and remove them both and re-install only one!:

sudo apt-get remove nvidia-364 nvidia-361 && sudo apt-get install nvidia-361

You shouldn’t have both packages installed as one is sufficient and I don’t know how you got hold of nvidia-364 anyway as it isn’t showing in Synaptic?. :smiley:

RESTART AFTER RUNNING THE ABOVE COMMAND!.

I have already responded to the backup, and I have everything working fine.

Nice :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to mark this solved.

PS
Hi wolfman :slight_smile:

1 Like

may be LTS version will work normaly.

I do not know where it came from. On the Nvidia site there is no this driver .

Hi Serg,

I think the 364 package is for testing only?, you have the 361 package installed which is good!. :smiley:

@anon42388993,

Greetings to you too!. :smiley:

In the evening, I try to update the system, and again there was the same situation. Uninstall and reinstall the driver Nvidia 361.42, did not help. Again he fell back to a previous restore point. Driver Xorg not give that performance that Nvidia.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-u7sukKQvftWTFOTXZIcmRCWWs

I have an Asus GTX 970 that was giving me the same problem after I upgraded from 15.10 to 16.04. When I dug in, I found that there was a problem with DKMS rebuilding the driver. I had some very disturbing pop-ups talking about my secure boot key not being valid. I found the option in my BIOS for secure boot, and switched it off (didn’t know I had it on, or that it had a password set). Now my monitor and the video modes are detected properly.

1 Like

Hi Serg,

how did you install?, disk or USB and did you follow this advice?:

I installed the beta version 2 flash disk. Then I do the update. Until yesterday, the update worked fine. BIOS worked uefi mode.
I have also realized that the problem with downloading uefi. I switch to compatible mode, but it did not work.
While I am working without the latest updates. I hope that this problem will be solved subsequent updates.

Have you done a complete system update?:

No. Thanks, will test.

1 Like

All happened through the “Welcome screen”. Thanks for the help.:smile::thumbsup:

Great to hear, please put a tick in best answer to mark it as solved so it helps others; thanks!. :smiley:

after update my problem again reappeared. As I understand it happens after a kernel upgrade from 18 to 21 version.