Don't work nvidia driver

may be LTS version will work normaly.

I do not know where it came from. On the Nvidia site there is no this driver .

Hi Serg,

I think the 364 package is for testing only?, you have the 361 package installed which is good!. :smiley:

@anon42388993,

Greetings to you too!. :smiley:

In the evening, I try to update the system, and again there was the same situation. Uninstall and reinstall the driver Nvidia 361.42, did not help. Again he fell back to a previous restore point. Driver Xorg not give that performance that Nvidia.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-u7sukKQvftWTFOTXZIcmRCWWs

I have an Asus GTX 970 that was giving me the same problem after I upgraded from 15.10 to 16.04. When I dug in, I found that there was a problem with DKMS rebuilding the driver. I had some very disturbing pop-ups talking about my secure boot key not being valid. I found the option in my BIOS for secure boot, and switched it off (didn’t know I had it on, or that it had a password set). Now my monitor and the video modes are detected properly.

1 Like

Hi Serg,

how did you install?, disk or USB and did you follow this advice?:

I installed the beta version 2 flash disk. Then I do the update. Until yesterday, the update worked fine. BIOS worked uefi mode.
I have also realized that the problem with downloading uefi. I switch to compatible mode, but it did not work.
While I am working without the latest updates. I hope that this problem will be solved subsequent updates.

Have you done a complete system update?:

No. Thanks, will test.

1 Like

All happened through the “Welcome screen”. Thanks for the help.:smile::thumbsup:

Great to hear, please put a tick in best answer to mark it as solved so it helps others; thanks!. :smiley:

after update my problem again reappeared. As I understand it happens after a kernel upgrade from 18 to 21 version.

Open Welcome again and go to Software > Fixes > Resolve broken packages:

I did so, but did not help.

Okay,

open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and paste the following command and restart if anything updates:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

Do you have your software sources download location set to "Main server"?:

It happens all the same. It has something to do with the mode of operation uefi bios.

Can you switch from UEFI to legacy?. :smiley:

I do not think this is a good way to solve the problem. I now work in uefi mode. Maybe wait until this issue is resolved in updates. Probably not one I am suffering. While I will work without this update. I’ll try a different kernel.
I installed the update was a screen with the question “Disable uefi boot?”. Previously, such issues are not met.

And did you disable UEFI boot?. :smiley:

to any attempt to install another update BIOS tried to switch into compatibility mode, but the result was not.