Download probled from email and Standard Bank [POP]

I asked that download POP from Standard Bank be repaired. The situation re Standard Bank has not changed at all. It is still faulty.
a. I have set Firefox settings to ASK WHERE TO DOWNLOAD FILES TO: This ignored by the program witch downloads the file to 'Downloads' only.
b. It does the same to ALL download files, email as well.

For at least one person, I'm confused by the request, and don't know what question is being asked.

POP is a one-way download protocol for emails only. (The other main email client/server protocol being IMAP.) It has nothing to do with either Firefox nor with other file downloads from a browser.

I've been a Linux user and sysadmin for 25+ years, and Ubuntu since 2009--and I have never heard of a "Standard Bank"

Is there a problem with an automatic language translation that is causing the confusion? People here would like to help, but we have to understand what the problem is.

I will spend a few days carefully documenting my problem with screenshots.
Thank you for your honest email.
'
Raymond Pitts

If I understand correctly, you are referring to the organization "Standard Bank" of New Zealand.

If that is so, per your description, and knowing that the interfaces for Firefox and email work perfectly for users around the world with each their own banking/service providers, I believe you need to debug this problem by calling the bank's customer service number and asking for their technical support team, who can then guide you to either tweak your browser/email applications to fit their servers, or work with them to debug the issue.

If the issue is that you cannot download the files to autoload into your personal finance system, that is definitely an issue of the bank spelling out exactly the process by which you can achieve that download or, maybe more appropriate here, the triggering of the correct app on your system to handle the financial systems protocol that you need to interract with and populate your local application/database.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Good day to you,
I think I have isolated my problem. When I try to download a .pdf file [POP] using Ubuntu Mate 20.04.4 LTS from Standard Bank South Africa online. [I'm working from within the borders of SA. as a SB customer on my own account]
I will state the actual problem with the Standard Bank download below IN RED after documenting a successful download using the same download facility, downloading from an email attachment. [IMAP, Google - [email protected] - with an encrypted attachment]

NB. When the program downloads the file it places, on the Firefox browser, a new tab to the right of the tab of the login being used to download from. THIS NEW TAB IS ONLY EXIT [I CAN FIND] FROM THE DOWNLOAD SCREEN.

When I download from the Standard Bank online program, INSTEAD OF ADDING A NEW TAB TO THE RIGHT OF THE STANDARD BANK LOGIN TAB, IT OVERWRITES THE STANDARD BANK TAB IN FIREFOX.
This leaves with no way to exit the download screen and return to the Standard Bank screen to work or logout properly.
Instead, the Standard Bank login is aborted and the correct logout procedure is not followed.

Original login

When I go to 'download , on the SB POP screen

Help required please.

Raymond Pitts

Good day to you,
I think I have isolated my problem. When I try to download a .pdf file [POP] using Ubuntu Mate 20.04.4 LTS from Standard Bank South Africa online. [I'm working from within the borders of SA. as a SB customer on my own account]
I will state the actual problem with the Standard Bank download below IN RED after documenting a successful download using the same download facility, downloading from an email attachment. [IMAP, Google - [email protected] - with an encrypted attachment]

NB. When the program downloads the file it places, on the Firefox browser, a new tab to the right of the tab of the login being used to download from. THIS NEW TAB IS ONLY EXIT [I CAN FIND] FROM THE DOWNLOAD SCREEN.

When I download from the Standard Bank online program, INSTEAD OF ADDING A NEW TAB TO THE RIGHT OF THE STANDARD BANK LOGIN TAB, IT OVERWRITES THE STANDARD BANK TAB IN FIREFOX.
This leaves with no way to exit the download screen and return to the Standard Bank screen to work or logout properly.
Instead, the Standard Bank login is aborted and the correct logout procedure is not followed.

Original login

When I go to 'download , on the SB POP screen

Help required please.

Raymond Pitts

First, I still see no connection to either POP or IMAP. No screen shot shows any mail client--only gmail on firefox. You are accessing your mail accounts and the SB account through their web interfaces using Firefox and HTML. There is no screenshot of a mail client using POP or IMAP.

Your first screen shot shows a pdf attachment being opened in a new tab containing Firefox's built in pdf viewer. You can set firefox to open attachments in the separate system viewer, or to download by default, as well, but the built in is simpler for most people.

Your second instance logging in directly to SB has the tab opened showing what the SB web server is sending to Firefox. Apparently, when you log in and display the document, the SB web server is sending the information into the same tab, instead of opening a new tab. There is nothing Firefox can, by default, do to stop this one server from overwriting its own tab. It is a fault (or feature) in the web server programming. However, you may be able to force an open into a new tab. On the very last button you are left-clicking (which is not shown in any screenshot) to open your document, if you right-click there instead, you will likely see an option to "Open in new tab", which will probably do what you want. Again, POP is not involved in any way. POP and IMAP are download protocols for email clients such as Evolution or Thunderbird. They are not used in browser traffic.

Another option, and you may have tried this, but don't mention it, is to just use the back button on the browser, which generally will take you back from the document to the screen before. The back button is the left-pointing arrow at the upper left of the Firefox window, to the left of the URL address window.

I didn't see you state that you were using the same computer+browser installation for both times. Maybe I missed that.

But one thing you might want to confirm, simplistic as it might be, is to have the setting to "Open links in new tab" shown in the image below. Just a thought.

OpenLinksInNewTabs

Morning,
Thanks for the help.
I reverted all Firefox 'view files' to system default which solved all my major problems.
Ray

Last - I forgot.
Sorry I used 'POP' in a PC environment.
In the financial environment for me it stands for Proof Of Payment. I'd forgotten the email retrieval reference.
Ray