Dual booting time and date issue

Good morning :slight_smile:

I have noticed an issue while dual booting my laptop. If I'm switching from Ubuntu MATE 20.04 to Windows 10, the time and date is messed up. If I'm on Windows 10 and then rebooting to Ubuntu MATE 20.04, same thing.

If I'm working on MATE day after day without booting to Windows, everything is ok. Only when I'm switching the OS, from Linux to Windows and vice-versa, the clock goes few hours forward or backwards, even the date is messed up.
All the time, after dual booting I have to manually fix the time and date. Anyone else had a simillar issue and can help me?

Thank you!

Your question brought up a vague memory about having to do something regarding UTC (Universal Time Control) and local time. I searched on "ubuntu: booting into windows changes the time" and got a few sites.

See below -

Good luck Teodor.

2 Likes

Well, thank you sir. I followed the first website and everything worked great.

For everyone who's having the same issue as me; If you use Windows 10 Pro 64 bits, simply run Command Prompt as Administrator and paste the following command:

`

Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation /v RealTimeIsUniversal /t REG_QWORD /d 1

Workes like a charm!
`