Equalizer pulse audio comes without an installing board

I need an equalizer because i have bad ears for the highs. I installed the equalizer by using synaptic. But there was no possebillity to install more highs. ( After installing there was no icon for the equalizer and therefore no manipulation board.) So I deïnstalled the equalizer outof Synaptic. And on the web I found : pulesaudio-equalizer 2.7.0.2-5ebupd xenial0_all.deb Now I had my working en installable equalizer. But the plaisure was of a short time. The next morning I saw that the system had removed my equalizer. I hope there is a person who knows a solution for my problem

Hi @_RisjahWeetOokNietAl,

I just tried this in a 16.04 virtual machine and it seems to work well. I found it here.

Is this where you got it?
Did you download the .deb file and open it to install?
What exactly do you mean by "The next morning I saw that the system had removed my equalizer"?

I tested rebooting and even installed quite a few updates and it's still there.
I launch it in `Applications -> Sound & Video -> Pulseaudio Equalizer
Synaptic shows it as installed which it does on packages installed like this.

Last, you are running Ubuntu-MATE 16.04, correct?

Hi Bill. I have the same findings as you. I kept my ladspa from the same
url and used it. I could use it without the mentioned problems Till there
was an update for ladspa of 33kb after that update the equalizer was not
working I have made to printscreens from the synaptic changes. Perhaps you
do something with this indication. But the last sentnce of your mail about
the Mate version I doubt. I cannot find this but i remember me that it is
Thank you very much for the very fast answer

Can you tell me how to block that update ?

2017-08-19 19:15 GMT+02:00 * RisjahWeetOokNietAlles * <
[email protected]>:

Verify you are on 17.04 (also known as Zesty Zapus or just “Zesty”) in a terminal:

inxi -S

The last line should say Distro: Ubuntu 17.04 or similar.

I believe you installed the *.deb package for 16.04 (Xenial) in 17.04 (Zesty). BUT I looked at the page for Zesty and it’s the same *.deb file! I was hoping this would be the solution but it is not.

I’m glad you are using Synaptic. Once you are setup working you can select the package and in the Package menu is a check box Lock Version. This will prevent updating that package.

EDIT: When I tried all this, I got the package pulsaudio-equalizer wanting to update. I’m guessing this is the original package you installed that didn’t work? This is rather a mess.

This site can install what’s called a PPA (Personal Package Archive) but I’m not going to recommend that as I cannot vouch for it in Zesty. It may work without locking packages but I don’t trust it based on the problem with versions in the *.deb file.

The equalizer situation is of great frustration for people who want aural satisfaction.

In 17.04 (and maybe 16.10) the LADSPA EQ operable with pulseaudio-equalizer-gtk was dropped in favour for the FFT EQ operable with qpaeq. Here are the problems I have with this;

• The EQ won’t work after login unless default.pa is modified.
  • When it does work, qpaeq has no presets.
  • When removed, if PA is made to load the dbus module and EQ sink after login it breaks.
  • Last and certainly foremost, IT REQUIRES THE USER TO ENABLE IT, EVERY SINGLE BOOT.

All of the above is a load of :poop: where before it just worked. I don’t care if it’s the built-in EQ functions PA has, if the implementation of it presently is so hard to use it makes newbies think twice about using Ubuntu as their main OS. Nowdays to get the old EQ I have to add Web Upd8’s main PPA and install the version they have for Xenial (which is still installable in Zesty), then lock it down after but package manager still acts stupid afterward.

For a Linux made for human beings, it’s kind of ridiculous users have to apt-cache policy their favoured applications to install and lock down a specific version at the risk of dep hell to get the system they want.

1 Like

I have played with synaptic and i have found that if the line: pulseaudio-equalizer 1.10.0-1ubuntu2 will be deleted the ladspa equalizer not will be destroyed. This is an unattended update but is the dealbreaker in my system.
The good working finished after installing of this update.

Please… do it. Ifind ubuntu MATE great and fast