Error When Transferring MP3 Files- Android

I've been unable to transfer MP3 music files from my PC to my Samsung A20 Android phone and receive the following error message. I gave permission for my PC to access files on the phone but it doesn't help.
Screenshot at 2022-12-26 09-01-24

1 Like

Hi, did you try using KDE connect app ? If not, and you are using offline(usb cable) connection between phone and linux, can you transfer other types of files without issues(PDF, PNG, .mkv...). Something like using a cloud can solve the problem, as you can upload files from phone in cloud and then download them from browser in your linux device, just a suggestion. You can also use the good old usb drive method, but you will need usb adapter for the samsung

Thank you, MadHatter640 for the suggestions. I had a hunch that maybe the el cheapo charging cable I was using might be the culprit and I was right. I was able to transfer files using a decent quality USB cable without a problem. Case solved!

1 Like

I have no problem. You need gmtp installed on your computer. Depending on your phone you may need a USB driver on that which you can find in the android store. On new phones to to settings>connected devices> usb and make sure it is on file transfer and not charging.
Screenshot at 2022-12-26 15-19-47

1 Like

Screenshot at 2022-12-26 15-22-40

I hope that helps you.

1 Like