Evolution Email Missing in Welcome

In the welcome center under office software I decided to try Evolution Email but when I clicked on install I received message that package doesn’t exist?

Thanks for the feedback. Confirmed missing here in 16.04 Alpha 1. That makes 2 packages that’s missing archives for Xenial at the moment.

It could just be temporary, but I’ll inform @wimpy.

I also found that all the programs/packages that had require/work best with indications enabled in MATE tweak didn’t install in Welcome yesterday evening when I did bit of exploring, but can’t remember names. Found some great new stuff to test trough :slightly_smiling:

PS I prefer the “older” look of Welcome screen, when MATE sign change directions randomly and move around a lot more then those little circles now that remind me of some flakes, it feels a bit to much…

Those little flakes are actually a one-off since there’s an event coming up (or had passed), but it probably makes sense to “celebrate” on the day, I’ll see about changing that.

Hmmm.

Thanks for explanation @lah7. It makes sense, if it’s only temporary or when something new happens but I personally wouldn’t want it all the time and I prefer how it looked before.

@Wimpy if it helps under details for Evolution Mail it says Package evolution-mapi isn’t available

I found another two with message Package does not exist under accessories Recent Notifications (Package indicator-notifications isn’t available) and under Sound and Video Ambient Noise (Package anoise isn’t available).

Thanks for the feedback @ele. It could also be that the packages for some software are not built (or currently broken) for Xenial at the moment … so they’ll work auto-magically in a few weeks by refreshing apt.

Some errors are our fault (typos…!) - Keep an eye out for updates to ubuntu-mate-welcome in the upcoming weeks for fixes! :slight_smile:

Open Terminal and then execute the following command:

sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install evolution

It’s working for me.

Hi nahrafqifahs, welcome the the forums :slight_smile: Thanks for the suggestion, but 16.04 testing cycle is over. We have moved on to 16.10 testing and I am closing this thread.