Evolution - Highlight for folders with unread email

I like to use a tree-like structure for folders, and have filters to steer emails into the appropriate folders. I see that folders have a bold font to indicate unread email in subfolders. My problem is that I cannot easily see the difference between regular and bold.

This may be exacerbated by my use of a 4:3 ratio, 19" monitor, and may be alleviated when I fully switch over from the Evil Empire of Microsoft and free up a 16:9, 23" monitor.

But just in case it doesn't, is there any way to indicate unread emails in a top-level folder that would add something after the folder name, or perhaps a colour change in the name?

Hi,
Evolution is part of Gnome apps and no Gnome developper is gonna read/take in consideration features requests written on the Ubuntu MATE forum.
If you want to make such a request, you should do it on the Gnome Gitlab for Evolution:

1 Like

Thanks, I will do that, but to be honest, I was just trying to find out if there's a way to change the indication.

Completely off-topic:

How come I have the option to edit @lar3ry's first post above?

See below screengrab for what I mean (notice the "Edit" button in the bottom right corner):

I hope I didn't just become a moderator without anybody telling me first...

2 Likes

Mr. Squash, good catch there. No, I don't think you've suddenly become a moderator. Perhaps (wild-ass guess) it is because it was first posted as a Tips, Tricks tutorial which all members should be able to edit.

This may be a bug in the configuration of our site. Thanks for noticing it.

@mdooley's correct, it was a wiki post due to being originally posted into the Tutorials & Guides category. I've un-wiki'd the post. :ok_hand:

Good, thanks for the clarification.