[Feature request] Allow multimedia keys to overboost volume

Hi everyone,

One of the smallest and yet most important Unity features is the ability to overboost the volume to 150% using the multimedia volume keys:

Of course, on Mate and most other desktops you can open the PulseAudio settings and drag the volume past 100%, but on some systems with poor or damaged speakers, the volume frequently needs to be overboosted. So it would be nice to not have to open the PulseAudio settings all the time.

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

I just found myself looking for the same feature being familiar with Unity in the past!

Thank you for suggesting it. :slight_smile:

I would really like to see this also. Is the best place to request features here on the forum or on Github?

Hi guys :slight_smile:
I saw this old topic that will help.

In order to avoid this tuning, did you gave a try to set up PCM and Speaker to maximum in alsamixer ?
This allow me to make my computer to play enough loud to feet my need inside the Master control (volume up & down buttons)

Hi @olek, yep, thanks for the tip. I do always set alsamixer that way (another good tip is to store the setting to survive reboots with sudo alsactl store). It's usually enough volume, but some audio/video files and/or VoIP conversations just have too low volume and it would be nice to quickly adjust beyond 100% for those.

1 Like