Feature request: Classic Ubuntu Ambiance orange theme

I have nothing against the default Ambiant-MATE theme, but would it be possible to bring back the classic Ubuntu Ambiance orange theme in the next release as a option?

There are many tutorials online describing how to accomplish this on your own. Perhaps the most comprehensive is http://askubuntu.com/a/760249/58618.

It might be a nice feature to just apply an included theme to revert back to the Ubuntu Ambiance theme. The Ubuntu Dark Mono icons are still included in 16.04, but for some reason the theme is not. Or is this not possible due to legal demands?

Out of curiosity, is it that you just simply prefer orange over green or is there another rationale behind your request?

I think a orange theme would be a good addition.

I guess I agree with you.

I also dislike the way it’s currently mixed.

I would prefer to have one green theme — yes, with a green close (x) button — and an entirely orange theme including the already existing orange close button.

Ubuntu is orange and MATE is green but that does not mean that Ubuntu MATE has to mix those two colours, right? :slight_smile:

I agree. I actually change everything to look like stock Ubuntu. I want Ubuntu with the MATE desktop because Gnome runs terribly and the workflow is poor. I’ve got everything changed, including the grub and splash screens but I am stuck with the green highlights. Orange would be better.

Why doesn’t Ubuntu MATE ship with green, orange, blue, and red themes? I know Arc and Numix are included in the extras but they are terrible with the ugly Gnome foot icon. There should be continuity in design.

NO! NO! NO!
the orange theme is associated with those elitist, critical baxxxrds over there who would rather hassle you about your question than answer it.

If Ubuntu mate goes that way I’m done. You people here are NICE.