File chooser "Save as" starts searching rather than letting me rename the file to be saved

Note: switched to Firefox - same issue. Will test above fix tonight.

I have now done the above steps on both my desktop and laptop, and both Firefox (using) and Chrome (not using) still exhibit this issue. I can't believe that no one else has this issue. I guess will have to wait and see if the reported bug gets looked at.

I just tried it and no issue here, it makes me wonder if it is hardware or configuration, but I have no idea

so that worked for you? It would seem hardware is unlikely as its happening on 2 different computers, my desktop (older) and my laptop (newer). I am trying to figure out the commonality between the 2.

I had no issue even when I tried so maybe something configuration related Idrk, maybe try it in a live session or with a new user and see if you can replicate it, because I cannot

1 Like

I am participating in Ubuntu MATE kinetic and the save as page works 100% fine there. I will do a fresh install of Ubuntu MATE 22.04. I think this will solve the issue. Issue solved with fresh install.