Firefox icon blinking on Mutiny

Not a big deal, but since this Quantum update I’m getting my Firefox icon blinking non-stop with Mutiny layout. Actually the pinned icon stays blinking and a new icon appears below all the other pinned applications, as an active application. This one doesn’t blink.

Any ideas?

Are you using Firefox from the Ubuntu repository or a version downloaded straight from Mozilla?

I’m using the one that came installed. Then, when I “apt-get upgraded”, it installed this new version. As far as I understand it everything is ubuntu official…

Well, then that’s not it.

Have you tried right-clicking and pinning the new Firefox icon to keep that icon, then right-clicking and unpinning the icon that flashes to get rid of it? You can then drag the new icon back where the first one was if you want.

1 Like

Good idea. Just did that. It worked, but then all of a sudden “dock has quit unexpectedly” (or some message along these lines) and then “Ubuntu experienced an internal error”… I’ll keep paying attention to how it behaves and will post back here if something strange happens.

Thank you!

1 Like

You have the remove Firefox from the dock and repin it. However if you launch Firefox from the Mutiny dock the global menu won’t work. The way around this is to launch Firefox from the brisk menu. The same applies to Thunderbird. The Mutiny dock has a ton of bugs. Hopefully they will get worked out in 18.04.

1 Like