Firefox java plugs

Hello, i plan to use a Raspberry Pi + Firefox to remote display a dynamic webpage. so i installed Ubuntu-mate in Raspberry Pi 3 and got everything updated. when i open the webpage, it said, i should install the jre at least version 1.7. i used java -version checked the version is 1.8.0. then i believe the environment is fine i only need to link the file libnpjp2.so to firefox plugins. but i can’t find this file from path /usr/lib/jvm to path /usr/lib/firefox/plugins. finally i even can’t find the file.
so i did another two solutions:

1. Download the JDK8u in Oracle pages and reinstall the JDK, then i found the file and use ln to link to path /usr/lib/firefox/plugins. but when i open firefox again, the page still can’t work and use about:plugins, i also can’t find the plugs.

2. i deleted the whole system and flash it again on the tf card. then i use IcedTea to satisfied firefox for java plugins, and finally i can see IcedTea in about:plugins but the java version is 1.6. what i need is at least 1.7.

unbelievable, anyone who can help on this java plugins problem in firefox?

You will need to use Firefox ESR (which is version 52) to use Java plugins. Even then I think you have to use IcedTea (open Java) instead. I don’t know if Firefox ESR is available for R-PI.

Good luck.