For A Free Digital Society - Richard M. Stallman, 2016

Dr. Richard Stallman gave this educatational talk earlier this year in Switzerland.

The talk is in English.

It’s two hours long.

It is highly informative and quite humourous.

If you do not yet know anything about “free” software, I can recommend this as an introduction to the subject.

Link: “https://youtu.be/7ZSPf7YnGfE

Dr. Richard Stallman started the free software movement in 1983 and began the developing the GNU operating system in 1984. GNU is free software: everyone has the freedom to copy it and redistribute it, with or without changes. The GNU/Linux system is used on tens of millions of computers every day, including your Ubuntu-Mate machine.

I do not seek to open a discussion or debate on this subject here. Others, if they wish, are free to do so. I’ve posted this link as an aid to people who are interested in hearing what “rms” has to say.

8 Likes

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

OMG, I think he’s one of the few men who sees the bigger picture.
In the last few years almost every company out there wants my phone number and other kind of personal data.
They just want to track everything.
Thank you very much for posting this.

1 Like

Thanks for this. He’s absolutely right.My Windows 10 PC at work started giving me targeted adverts just hours after I had searched for something. All turned off now.

1 Like