Glade application faults

When running Glade on a fresh install of 18.10 it crashes on the first reference. My definition of crash here is the application disappears silently after the first object reference.
To duplicate:
start Glade.
select Create New Project.
select TopLevels -> GtkApplicatonWindow BOOM

Running on a NUC8i7 Intel Core i7-8809G CPU @3.10GHz x 8

Everything else I have tested seem to work flawlessly - great job 18.10 team!

Can you start the app from the terminal? It might show useful messages that might help troubleshooting
Also, you can check the crash file that’s generated…

I took your suggestion on starting in a terminal window. Thanks, got this:

(glade:8914): Gdk-WARNING **: 11:36:37.759: …/…/…/…/…/gdk/x11/gdkwindow-x11.c:5576 drawable is not a native X11 window

(glade:8914): Gdk-ERROR **: 11:36:37.760: The program ‘glade’ received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was ‘BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)’.
(Details: serial 16497 error_code 3 request_code 20 (core protocol) minor_code 0)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

Also what mechanism do I use to find the name and location of the crash file. Thanks

Any crash file should be in /var/crash directory.

I have recently had the same issue with glade in the 20.04 dailies does anyone know of the solution?

I have had the same issue with Glade on Ubuntu Mate 19.10 but haven't on PopOS 19.10.

1 Like

I just tried this on the 20.04 beta and it launched ok but when I start a new project and try to add a widget I get the same crash. I think that I added some detail to the issue logged against the glade project here: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glade/-/issues/416